Friday, October 07, 2005

Storytelling and Authority

Stories, in my opinion, have always been one of the best ways to relate an idea without being sounding like an asshole. I enjoy stories. They tell something interesting about life and people, but they also convey values.

Dave Pollard recently posted "10 Steps to Better Story-Telling" and he's right on. (If you like his post check out "The Story Factor" or "The Power of Personal Storytelling").

All of us tell stories. It's great! I love to listen to someone's story. Especially if they're skilled (you know like bow hunting skills or computer hacking skills). All of these references share how to tell a great story and what topics are of great interest to people.

Here's my questions. How do you develop the authority to tell a great story? Especially one that hints at values? I know I've done it. I know I've done it well. And I know I totally flopped on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment