Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Deserving of Wealth

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll notice I talk quite a bit about wealth and how it's different from being rich.

When I was younger, my dad always said I should have been born into a rich family. I always thought that was obliquely condescending. I don't see it that way anymore. I've recently accepted my subconscious tendencies towards kingliness, I've even been told by a young women that I have the worst God complex she'd ever seen. I've decided that I'd rather not be like average kings of past.

Kings tended to get caught up in the daily forays of "being with money". We have Louis XIV whose extravagance was the talk of Europe during the 16th century in the mean while there was a great poverty festering beneath the surface. Many politicians of the day don't realize their duties to the people and further aggravate the divide by pretending to understand the proletariat plight.

On the other hand, my dad comes from a distinctly peasant's background. This doesn't in anyway mean he's not a hard working, smart man. But the way he relates to money is very much so the some one who has money. Yes, people with money are able to manage it, but they are also able to simplify the daily nuisances of existence. Now, according to Maslov's theory, once these basic needs are met, we are beckoned to higher callings. But that's for you to decide.

Anyone who thinks they deserve money and have money owe it to their hard work, their ingenuity and most importantly the people they leverage to create that fortune. It seems so often that people cheat their network that they HAVE to forget their network to retain a seed of conscience.

Oddly enough, I could argue that my father instilled these kingly tendancies at a young age when he showered up with fine dining, again relatively fine dining, travel and other luxuaries. Other luxuaries.... I never owned a Nintendo which is rare for a 10 year old growing up in suburbia in the 80s. Regardless, all these are totally irrelavent to the obvious disconnect.

I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF MONEY. Quite the contrary. Well not relative to the average American, but to my peer group and the way I was raised. AND I HAVE KINGLY TENDANCIES. Through my college and early professional years, I tried to manage and tie down my kingly nature: keep reciepts, limit my buying, watch interest rates... all in all very frugal activities. But I'd rather focus on my passions in life which are far more imporant to me. They are the root of who I am. It's because of my kingly nature that I was able to relate to other in a compassionate way. I feel everyone deserves abundance. How do I share abundance if I don't have it myself?

My calling is to step myself up to a level of true kingliness. I have an image of what a man ought to be and it never involved Inboxes, Quicken or suburbia. My vision had yearnings for a sense of peace, community and destiny. Where we are all kings, queens, magicians, warriors and artists. And I fill myself with this everyday and when I start to finally burst at the seams, my vision, my heart, my abundance pours out without any restraint for all to drink.

Who says I have a God complex? It's complicated enough to have this yearning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment