Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh what a wonderful day!

I DON'T HAVE TO LIVE WITH MY PARENTS ANYMORE!

I'll be taking the place of an old CMU friend in a picturesque brownstone located in Fort Greene Brooklyn. Fort Greene is a beautiful part of Brooklyn that's been recently gentrified/restored. It doesn't have all the pretentious hipsters of Williamsburg nor does it have the suburban air of Park Slope.

It's been about a year and a half since I moved back to my parents' house in July '04. I had lived in Houston, TX working as a software developer, baker, a delinquent, a yogi and dilettante. Good times.

Since I moved back, I knew I wanted to live in Brooklyn because of its quirky attitude, chill atmosphere and propensity for everything that's a little weird. It's not like the Village or SOHO or the Upper East Side, each very interesting in their own right. The NY Observer did an interesting piece on Brooklyn called "Welcome to Schnooklyn", basically noting that people have an interesting love affair with this boro.

I look forward to shopping at the Co-Op, drinking at Brooklyn Brewery, walking through Prospect Park, watching skaters in Williamsburg, eating spicy Jamaican food in Flatbush and watching people scarf down hundreds of hot dogs at professional speeds in Coney Island. That's just the beginning.

I know you've all been waiting for... What does my place look like with Google Earth? Well here it is:

More impressive is looking the age of the surrounding buildings.

My brownstone was recently restored and is listed as younger than 5 years old, but the surrounding brownstones were built between 1850 and 1925. I can just taste all that history!

Now that I've shown you where I live, please don't stalk me... well, unless you're intelligent, cute and female (No Scott, you can't stalk me.)

I look forward to moving and I can't wait for you to visit me. I think the best part about this place is, I don't have to live with my parents anymore!

Mitesh

PS... There's a picture of a kute kitty on my blog! k?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment