Friday, February 03, 2006

Men of Passion

Thursday night I subwayed myself into the East Village to catch Woody Allen's "Match Point". I have a little thing for Scarlett Johansson.

Yeah, I thought she was cute in "Lost In Translation" and quirky in "Ghost World". But I never really gave her a second glance till I read her interview in Life magazine.

They asked her what she considered sexy. Now I can't recount word for word what she had to share, but what really stuck with me was she found weird things sexy. That's when I found her sexy.

Yeah, everyone looks at her and sees those amazing lips and those deeply seductive eyes. But only a handful of people have made her laugh so hard that she snorts. Or how she looks when she has to really pee. Or the way she greets strangers or handles a man whose flirting with her. Those little things, the weird things are sexy.

So besides my little thing for Johansson, I've heard over and over that this is a quality movie. With my appetite whetted, I trekked off to see this movie.

I really enjoyed the movie, but there's this moment in the movie where Chris, the protagonist, is asked "What do you want to do?" in regards to his life. "What do you want to do?"He knew what he didn't want to do: tennis, office job. But he never really had a passion in his life. Nothing to focus his energy on and create. But he does know this much, it has to be passionate. Out of the ordinary! What's really great, and where he was really lucky, is he had two women to symbolize these two lives. One, the emotionally unstable, but adventurous: Nola. And one, the daughter of a rich man, the ever stable and safe: Chloe. (By the way, both are very, very cute.)

So here he is: Safety or adventure? And he chooses? Hmmmm... Well watch the damn movie.

What matters more is he doesn't have a vision to guide his choice. He has nothing that wakes him up in the morning where he can say "FUCK YEAH!" He heart doesn't beat with passion and fire. He is complacent. Effectively dead. People get hurt. People get confused. And dammit! I just wanted to strangle him or grab him and scream "Grow up!"

In my personal opinion, a journey through life is greater than any single relationship created. Even with your dream women. And maybe this women serve as an inspiration for this journey.

So why in the world would a man even bother himself with a woman? Especially if this man is focused and on a journey? Well, many haven't. But some still do. But why do men want women?

Women. Men. Let me know if you liked "Match Point". Let me know if Angela Jolie's hotter than Scarlett Johansson. Let me know if I'm crazy. Thank you and I hope to hear from you.

1 Comments:

I think I feel you on Scarlet. She's just a little more joyful. In my opinion.

Let me know what you think of the movie.

By Blogger Mitesh, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment